With evolving aromatics and a round mouth feel, our 2016 Aurora White is changing with each sip. Maybe notes of white chocolate, apricot, jasmine… it will be your white wine favorite for pairing with holiday meals going well with turkey as well as most fall flavors! I thought I would throw in my favorite mushroom soup recipe for these chilly winter evenings.
Creamy Roasted Mushroom and Brie Soup
· 1 tablespoon oil
· 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, quartered
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 onion, diced
· 2 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
· 2 tablespoons flour (rice flour for gluten free)
· 1/2 cup white wine (or broth)
· 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
· 4 ounces brie, cut into 1 inch pieces
· 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the mushrooms in the oil, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing them up once halfway through.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and thyme to the onions and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
6. Add the broth and mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the milk and brie, let the brie melt, fish out the rinds and season with salt and pepper to taste before pureeing to the desired consistency and enjoy!
Top with hot crusty bread, an additional slice of brie and a glass of our Aurora White. Enjoy!