A little rounder with a kiss of vanilla flavors from the neutral oak, our 2016 Luna Hart Sauvignon Blanc was fermented and aged in. This Sauvignon Blanc will be a little different from the ones you are familiar with. Still with bright acidity and citrusy flavors, this wine will be great for appetizers or light and fruity desserts this holiday season! Try it with green apples and manchego cheese or my family's favorite Lemon Square recipe.
Aunt Kay’s Lemon Squares
· 2 cups sifted flour
· ½ cup powdered sugar (confectioner sugar)
· 1 cup butter
· 2 cups sugar
· 4 beaten eggs
· 1/3 cup lemon juice
· ¼ cup flour
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 Celsius)
3. Sift together flour and powdered sugar.
4. Cut in butter until mixture clings together.
5. Press into your greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Watch carefully, this can get too dark!
7. Mix together remaining ingredients (Sugar, eggs, lemon juice, ¼ cup flour, ½ tsp baking powder)
8. Pour over baked crust.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes longer.
10. Sprinkle with powder (confectioners’) sugar.
11. Cool and cut into bars.
Serve with Luna Hart Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy!